Saturday, April 21, 2012

Review: Garden of Madness by Tracey L. Higley


Garden of Madness is the story of the Babylonian princess Tiamat, daughter of King Nebuchadnezzar. The king has been struck with madness and for seven years has secretly roamed the Hanging Gardens like an animal. All seems secure for the royal family until the unthinkable happens. When a palace noble is found brutally murdered and the king’s safety is threatened, Tia begins a quest for answers and discovers truths she never could have imagined. With the help of two Jewish captives, the wise man Daniel and Pedaiah, the brother of her late husband, Tia enters a world of palace intrigues and closely guarded secrets to protect the king she loves.
          Right from the get-go I was drawn into this story. The mystery and secrets swirling around the palace kept me guessing throughout the entire book and once I thought I had it all figured out, the author would throw another twist. Tia was a wonderful character to read. She is flawed and I liked that about her. At times I wanted to shake some sense into her and then later I was smiling with her or cheering her on.
I thought the romance in this story was very well written. It wasn’t overdone and the relationship builds, believably, over time. This book had darker elements than the previous books in the series but I thought the author did a good job of portraying the heaviness of these situations without overdoing it. So far this has been my favorite read from this author and I would absolutely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment